In the fourth of the structure, function and application modules. We will explore the anatomy and biomechanics of the neck, shoulder and spine during our first two sessions. In the following two sessions we will create a comprehensive reviews and evaluations with a recommended yoga action plan drawing from the yoga sciences. Using tools from Ayurveda, Meditation, Pranayama, lifestyle choices concerning activities and food as well as asana sequences.
The Great Yoga Wall will be used, as well as various props unique to the Iyengar tradition to help the body find balance and alignment. All participants will learn how to work with someone in a private session, with or without a wall, as well as techniques to implement in a classroom.
This module will be taught at KC Yoga Center - City Market, beginning Friday evening, two sessions on Saturday, and one on Sunday morning as follows:
Saturday and Sunday, 12:30-5:30PM
The early-bird tuition for this module is $250 and $300 thereafter.
To sign up for this module, click here.
Prerequisites & Materials
- Admission into IIYS Yoga Teacher Training Advanced Certificates (300 or 500) prior to registration. At this time registration is closed (May 2017).
- Completion of a Ray Long, MD Bandha Yoga Anatomy Workshop in the last 3 years.
- Dosha Assessment complete on yourself, shared with our KCYTTTP Google Drive.
- Anatomy for Arm Balances & Inversions, Ray Long, MD
- Doug Keller's Foundation Books, Vol 1 & 2
- Refining the Breath, by Doug Keller
To purchase any of the Ray Long BandhaYoga books, please click here.