In this second module we will be exploring the anatomy and biomechanics of the feet, knees and hip joints. We will review and discuss common injuries and complaints that show up in our private sessions and classes and develop therapeutic strategies. All participants will learn a how to troubleshoot and develop your eye, as well as learn how to apply the correct prop when needed. The Great Yoga Wall will be used, as well as various Iyengar props to help the body find balance and alignment. All participants will learn how to work with someone in a private session, with or without a wall, as well as techniques to implement in a classroom.
This module will be taught at KC Yoga Center - City Market, beginning Friday evening, two sessions on Saturday, and one on Sunday morning.
The early-bird tuition for this module is $250 until April 1, $300 thereafter.
To sign up for this module, click here.
Prerequisites & Materials:
- Admission into IIYS Yoga Teacher Training Advanced Certificates (300 or 500) or
- A returning graduate from ANY 200-hour from any Yoga Alliance Registered School.
- Completion of a Ray Long, MD Bandha Yoga Anatomy Workshop in the last 3 years OR equivalent study in human anatomy.
- Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Anatomy for Hip Openers & Forward Bends, Ray Long, MD
To purchase any of the Ray Long BandhaYoga books, please click here.