This first out of four Iyengar-influenced modules offered through the Institute of Interdisciplinary Yoga Studies (IIYS) for advanced teachers during the 2016-2017 teacher training year. Participants will renew their knowledge of structure and function of the spine, explore common dysfunctions, injuries and the review the common surgical techniques found in traditional medicine including rehab. All participants will learn how to use the Iyengar wall (The Great Yoga Wall) as a therapeutic tool. Techniques with traditional Iyengar props will also be demonstrated and taught without the wall that can be used in private sessions and in a classroom situation. You will learn how to assess movement and develop a yoga strategic plan for private clients, as well as students in the classroom.
This module will be taught at KC Yoga Center - City Market, beginning Friday evening, two sessions on Saturday, and one on Sunday morning.
The tuition for this module is $250. To sign up for this module, click here.
Prerequisites & Materials:
- Admission into IIYS Yoga Teacher Training Advanced Certificates (300 or 500) or
- A graduate from a 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered School.
- Completion of a Ray Long, MD Bandha Yoga Anatomy Workshop in the last 3 years.
- Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Anatomy for Backbends & Twists, Ray Long, MD
To purchase any of the Ray Long Bandha Yoga books, please click here.