This module taught by Jayme Sweere, MS, RYT500, former Marketing Manager for the Himalayan Institute and producer of the Yoga Sutra Master Course offered through Yoga International with Pandit Rajmani Tigunait. The module is a digital and interactive workshop and is designed to share the core themes of the Yoga Sutra so yoga can integrate these teachings into your life.
This multi-media workshop is designed to introduce you to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, one of the core texts of the Yoga tradition, in a practical and experiential way. In today’s fast-paced world, we often find ourselves with too little time, too little energy, and too much stress. Yoga—the wisdom of the ancient sages—teaches us how to reclaim our clear, calm, and tranquil mind so that we can apply it to whatever spiritual and worldly pursuits we wish. Inner freedom and fulfillment is our birthright, and the Yoga Sutra teaches us a precise method for reaching this goal and this workshop provides this living tradition into a format that is useful for today’s modern seeker. The Secret of the Yoga Sutra offers a storehouse of information and inspiration. This multi-media digital workshop presented by Jayme Sweere, MS, RYT500, producer of this program with Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, is designed to complement your book learning and give you tools and knowledge to take your current practice to the next level. You’ll learn, in a step-by-step way, techniques of asana, pranayama, and meditation that will point the way toward the ultimate goal of yoga: samadhi. You will also have the chance to engage in dialogue with Jayme and fellow students in a Q&A sessions and guided practices.
In this workshop we will:
- Learn the secrets of the master as you refine your practices of pranayama, relaxation and meditation into a precision practice.
- Tap into the main bioenergetic pranic hubs of the body. Cultivate the power needed to bring about self-transformation and prosperity.
- In a methodical way, learn how to reclaim a vibrant, clear mind instead of one that is distracted and subject to roaming tendencies.
- Learn the specialized yogic techniques of agni sara (essence of fire), a technique that clears the passage to the heart by awakening and harnessing the energy from the lower three chakras; pracchardana and vidharana: specific pranayamas that clear the passage to the heart by channeling the energy from the higher chakras, including the ajna chakra or eyebrow center.
- Assimilate potent practices that have been a part of an unbroken living tradition for thousands of years. These practices lead us to the lotus of the heart, which is the seat of our soul and the gateway to samadhi: the power, perfection and essence of Yoga.
Saturday, Session 1: 9:30am - 12:30pm Introduction, The Secret of Being a Yogi and Relaxation Practicum.
Saturday, Session 2: 2:00pm - 5:30pm Yoga: Power to Change, Power to Prosper and Agni Sara practicum and discussion.
Sunday, Session 3: 9:30am - 12:30pm Samadhi: The Power and Perfection of Yoga, Pranayama practicum and discussion.
Sunday, Session 4: 2:00pm - 5:00pm Complete practice, summary and Q & A.
This module will be offered at Maya Yoga and pioneers a novel approach to hybrid live/digital teaching in a studio setting. The tuition for this module is $250 or $150 just for Saturday. No drop-ins on Sunday. To register for this event, click here.
All participants will get more out of this workshop if the text has been read beforehand.
Recommended Book: The Secret of the Yoga Sutra, by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait.